Sunday 29 August 2010

Happy 25th birthday Elle!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I love Elle magazine and their amazing covers so since this year is their 25th anniversary I thought I would draw a couple of my favourite covers that have featured recently.

The first cover I chose was Alexa Chung's from October 2009. I liked it as it’s not her normal style which Elle seem to be amazing at! This cover was actually the subscriber’s edition which are always different which is pretty cool for people to keep for years on end!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The second one I chose was Cheryl Cole's November 2009 cover. It was so different from her normal X factor style, really simplified, amazing new hair colour and not much make up! Also they made good use of her tattoos for the shoot.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Another fave was Chloe Sevigny’s cover where they used Miu Mius puppy dog print on the masthead which was amazing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elle magazine has always been one of my fave fashion mags. The first thing I look at is "confessions of a mademoiselle” which is hilarious! I hear there is a book in the making of the columns and I cannot wait! The covers and their interviews are always amazing because you always get something from the cover model that you wouldn't have known. Also the styling/make up is never what you would normally expect from them. So yeah I LOVE ELLE!! Happy 25th birthday!!

7 comments:

  1. amazing cover!!!
    ciao,
    E.
    www.neovecchiostile.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great covers! I especially like the Nov 2009 one.

    www.realmermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey!! I have a question. How do you put your drawings on your blog in such a good quality? I have tried myself but they get so dark when i just take a pidture, can you help me, please? :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna, I do my drawings in a sketchbook and then move them over to illustrator and colour them digitally, so they are jpgs i upload - hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay thank's :) I just wonder how do you make the background white, i mean so white? If you would anwer, again i would be happy hihi... sorry.A lot of questions, i just think it's so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna, they arn't photos I take of these, its just straight from illustrator where I've drawn my original drawing digitally and used a white background! I am quite useless with a camera and can never get anything to look good so i prefer to work in adobe illustrator. Sorry i'm not of more help! If i ever do take photos though and like to increase the whiteness i would process it in adobe photoshop and use the brightness/contrast tool which will make something stand out more. There are plenty of free photo editing software out there that could be useful to you a list here -http://www.brighthub.com/multimedia/photography/articles/4488.aspx

    It might just be a case of you playing with your camera settings though! Sorry i can't be of more help but if you want to know anything else you can email me - dollsandguys@hotmail.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey:) again... Thank you!! It's okay i'll try my best to make my paintings look cool. I'll try the things you said, and let's hope it's gonna work. Thank you very much for your reply... Im very thankful. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete